LPSN is looking to expand its steering group members.
We are looking for people who are involved in delivering, or developing, peer support and who can commit to:
- Being part of the steering group for at least 6 months
- Approximately 2 hours a month to the network; including 1 hour for the steering group monthly meeting (Mondays 9am)
- Attend LPSN members’ network meetings where possible (2 hours every other month).
Do you have, or want to gain more experience in:
- Updating website content, blogs, case studies and information
- Using social media to raise awareness of the LPSN and promoting meetings/events
- Facilitating steering group meetings
- Planning and delivering online network events & lunchtime webinars
We are particularly looking for steering group members from less represented groups in the network; for better representation and to promote the increased participation of diverse voices and experiences. This could include practitioners who are deaf/hard of hearing, have sight impairments, learning disabilities, are on the autistic spectrum, are from culturally diverse backgrounds and/or have lived experience of other marginalised identities or lifestyles.
The LPSN currently receives no core funding, therefore steering group members volunteer their work or personal time to help LPSN grow.
To express interest for the above role, you are invited to contact us to let us know your experience with peer support, along with what you could bring to the team. Please also highlight any additional support or adjustments needed to join the steering group.